Tecmark kept up the tradition and worked at the Entrepreneurs House on July 29, 2013. This is the 11th year that we have participated in building a Habitat for Humanity house. As stated in my earlier blog, the Entrepreneurs house gives companies that are smaller a chance to team up to build a house.
We had the perfect day – sunny and in the 70s. We worked with a group from McGladrey, an accounting firm. Our task was to paint the exterior of the house. We were able to do 2 coats on the house and one coat on the garage by the time our day was done. The part I love about Habitat is that any skill level is welcome and they will always find a job that can be done. The site supervisors were great.
The family that is going to live there is a single mom with 14 kids and 3 grandkids. The 4 youngest children ages 8 – 16 will live in the house and her grandkids ages 2 – 7 will also live with her. She arrived in the US from Somalia in 1999. The house has 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
You know that I love to share stats on loyalty, email marketing and text marketing – so I couldn’t resist sharing a few stats on Habitat because I think they are impressive:
- Since 1976 over 600,000 houses for more than 3 million people have been built in 90 countries all around the world.
- A new Habitat house is completed somewhere in the world every 21 minutes.
- In 2012 Habitat served 94,618 families.
- $76 million are the net profits generated by more than 750 Habitat for Humanity ReStores in the US. Those funds are used for Habitat houses.
- The ReStores diverted 200,000 tons of building materials from landfills, while employing 2,250 people.
- Habitat is the 6th largest home builder in the US and the largest private home builder according to Builder magazine.
Source: 2012 Annual Report for Habitat for Humanity
Tecmark is committed to helping the community and is proud to be part of the long history with the Entrepreneurs House!