At Tecmark, we want to provide your C-Stores with the knowledge to target Millennials, a group of consumers that flock towards easy and fast shopping solutions. (Check out our past posts here!) This week we are exploring the eating habits of Millennials, the generation having a huge impact on the food industry, from restaurants to grocery stores and especially in C-Stores.
How do Millennial's eating habits compare to previous generations?
- Millennials tend to be in favor of eating snack foods at meal times, they also favor snacking throughout the day.
- "Many skip breakfast, preferring the mid-morning snack and, for lunch, opt for easy-access, high-quality fast-food solutions" (Elior Group).
- They lean towards healthy and fresh choices.
- Typically choose water or coffee instead of soda when it comes to beverages.
- They incorporate food consumption—whether meals, snacks or bites—into a range of everyday activities, ranging from work and play to exercise and commuting, according to the research in PLMA’s latest report “How America’s Eating Habits Are Changing" (Gourmet News).
How does this affect your C-Stores?
- For food and beverage stops, convenience stores are almost twice as important to Millennials as fast-casual restaurants, says Harry Balzer, chief food industry analyst at NPD Group
- Millennials tend to eat at unscheduled times so, going into a C-Store while buying gas is the perfect time to buy a snack
- Convenience stores accounted for 11.1% of Millennial food and beverage stops in 2014, compared to 7.7% in 2006 (USA Today).
- Millennials are more likely to stop and buy items — particularly food items — at convenience stores than any other age group, says Jeff Lenard, spokesman for the National Association of Convenience stores (USA Today).
How a Tecmark's loyalty program will drive Millennials to your store:
- Design clubs based on specific products they purchase such as, healthy eating clubs, water clubs, coffee clubs.
- Text offers to your customers about special deals on coffee, grab and go breakfast sandwiches, fresh lunch options
- Specific targeted SKU/UPC based promotions
- Tecmark can design a customer loyalty rewards program to target your customers by using Tecmark's all digital rewards program bringing more millennials into your store, and increase basket size.
In conclusion a Tecmark loyalty program will drive more traffic to your C-Store, increase overall revenues, millennial market share, and repeat business.
For further resources about how Tecmark can help your C-store, check out our Whitepapers, and schedule a demo today! Stay tuned for more of our blog posts on targeting Millennials, and helping your C-store increase profits and customer loyalty!