While attending Social Media Success Summit hosted by Social Media Examiner, I came across a webinar with Kim Garst, relating to the importance of visual content. She made a lot of great points that I thought I would share with all of you to help with your marketing strategy. With the popularity of Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram, visual content is becoming more important to include in your marketing strategy. Not to mention that Tweets with an image get 2x the engagement of those without! Even on Facebook photos get 39% more engagement. Visual content must be eye-catching and get your audience to take action. Before implementing any marketing strategy, keep in mind that it should be all about your target market. What do they care about outside of your brand, product, or service? Your visual content should appeal to your prospects lifestyle, values, and pain points first and foremost. Adding great visual content to your loyalty marketing strategy will create loyal customers.
In today's world, visual content is extremely important. Here are a few statistics on why:
- Visuals are processed 60,000 times faster by the brain than text.
- 90 percent of all info transmitted to the brain is visual.
- Visual content is 40% more likely to be shared than text is.
- People retain 80% of what they see and only 20% of what they read and 10% of what they hear.
You have two options when it comes to visual content: share other people's content or create your own. You can find visual content to share on virtually any social media platform. You can get great photos without violating copyrights by using websites such as unsplash.com, photopin.com, and freeimages.com.
Visual content ideas:
- tips - give your target audience quick tips they would be interested in
- photos - take photos of real people with your brand, logo, or product as a backdrop or border
- how to's - use screenshots or photos of your product to tell your target customer how to do something
- choices - give them an A or B choice in order to drive engagement
- checklists - provide a checklist pertaining to something you provide
- quotes - share photos of inspirational quotes related to your company or its vision
- questions - ask your target market questions pertaining to your industry or products/services
- behind the scenes - show photos of your employees behind the scene, being human
- infographics - share information in a fun, visual way using a site like piktochart.com or venngage.com
By creating your own visual content and sharing useful visual content you find from industry leaders, your target customers will want to keep coming back for more valuable, eye-catching images. Once you get them interested in your company and coming back to look at your visual content, how do you keep them coming back for business? That's where a loyalty program comes in.
Learn more about our Simpli loyalty solution by clicking the link below.